Gareth is a chartered physiotherapist, graduating from Coventry University in 2004 with an honours degree. Up until 2016 he worked in the physiotherapy team at the Dudley Group of Hospitals NHS Trust where he specialised in Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy and worked up to the position of Clinical Specialist Physiotherapist for Pain and Rheumatology. This role included working alongside consultants in pain clinics, assessing and treating patients in with musculoskeletal problems on a 1:1 and group basis, as well as working on pain management and fibromyalgia programs. He left his role in 2016 to pursue work in private practice.
Gareth has undertaken extensive postgraduate education including acupuncture, Pilates, Sports massage, cognitive behavioural therapy and the Mckenzie approach . He also has a diploma from Orthopaedic Medicine Seminars and completed a masters module in Extended Scope Musculoskeletal Practice from Coventry University . He has an keen interest in Golf fitness and is Titleist Performance Institute (TPI) Certified
His specialist interests include:
- Manual Therapy, joint mobilisation and soft tissue mobilisation
- Acupuncture for the management of acute and persistent pain
- Treatment and management of persistent pain specialising in a hands on as well as behavioural management
- Post operative rehabilitation
- Golf fitness and management/prevention of associated injuries
Outside of work Gareth is a keen golfer and footballer. He is married with two daughters that he loves spending his time with.